New Delhi: Getting a passport is a long and tedious process. Sometimes last minute travel plans or emergency travel plans require passports to be made and delivered quickly. Well, there is something known as Tatkaal passports. As the name suggests, the passports under this scheme are delivered quickly compared to regular passport service.
It may be noted that under the Tatkaal scheme, an applicant needs to submit additional documents and additional fees along with his/her application form. Also, police verification will be done after the issuance of passport.
Tatkaal passport scheme:
1. You can apply under the Tatkaal scheme, if you are eligible, you have to pay the additional Tatkaal fee of Rs. 2,000. If your age is 18 or above, you must submit Aadhaar Card/ letter/ e-Aadhaar containing 12-digit Aadhaar number/ 28-digit Aadhaar Enrolment ID printed on Aadhaar Enrolment slip issued by Unique Identification Authority Of India (UIDAI), and any two documents from List of Acceptable Documents along with Standard Affidavit.
2. If your age is below 18 years, you must submit Aadhaar Card/ letter/ e-Aadhaar containing 12-digit Aadhaar number/ 28-digit Aadhaar Enrolment ID printed on Aadhaar Enrolment slip issued by Unique Identification Authority Of India (UIDAI), and any one document from List of Acceptable Documents along with Standard Affidavit.
If you are in need of getting a passport immediately, here’s what you need to know about Tatkaal passports service
1. A Tatkaal application is not only to get an early appointment but also for faster processing. For example, a Tatkaal application would be processed under post (police) verification. The print queue is also separate thus ensuring faster print of Tatkaal passports i.e. a Tatkaal passport would be dispatched within 1-3 days of applicant visiting PSK as against a Normal application which would take longer.
2. Two appointment quota ‘Normal’ and ‘Tatkaal’ are available for ‘Tatkaal’ applications. Tatkaal applicants who are not able to book an early appointment under Tatkaal quota may consider booking an appointment under Normal quota also. However, Tatkaal fee will be charged irrespective of the quota under which appointment was booked by the Tatkaal applicant.
3. Indian citizens belonging to Nagaland cannot apply for the passport under the Tatkaal scheme.
4. In case your passport has been damaged but recognizable, i.e. passport number is readable, name is legible and the photo is intact, then you can apply for re-issue of passport under the Tatkaal scheme. But, if the passport has been damaged beyond recognition, then you cannot apply under the Tatkaal scheme. In that case, you need to visit Passport Officer at your nearest Passport Seva Kendra to get the passport on urgent basis.
5. After successful application form submission, with final status as “Granted”, you can expect your passport to be dispatched as follows…Read More>>>